- Dead Man's Chest by Kerry Greenwood (Latest Phryne adventure - in Queenscliffe!)
- Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta (Saving Francesca mob back with love and tears)
- The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry (hilarious and frenetic, much like author)
- Dog's Don't do Ballet by Anna Kemp (gorgeous and to be treasured, sosososo cute)
- At Home by Bill Bryson (written with a keen interest, intelligence and wit)
I have finished (1.), (2.) and (4.) which I loved to pieces and am part of the way through (3.) and have read an extract and am waiting for the paperback of (5.). Bill Bryson is marvelous but does have the rather insidious habit of publishing his new stuff has hardback first.
It remains to be seen if any of these make the 5o books to read in 2011. Last time I think 3 out of the 5 made the shortlist!
If you want any information on the Get Reading initiative then click here.