"GIVE THE 12 POINTS TO BELARUS!"
"WHAT ABOUT BELARUS?!"
"AGAIN NO POINTS FOR BELARUS?!"
"BELARUS ARE STILL ON 3 POINTS!"
echo around my lounge room. And you know the best part, it worked. After sitting on a measly 3 points for ages they finished on 18 points ahead of the wooden-spooners UK on 10. Everybody made double figures and this was a good thing! Spread the Love Europe. Share the Moment.
(To clarify, I actually didn't think Belarus 3+2 with Butterfly were very good but, come on! 3 points!)
My favourites were:
- Greece (Opa! Energy and really awful hair)
- Serbia (The most amazing hair you have ever seen in your life - and as for the cheekbones!)
- Albania (good song, not-so-good shoulderpads, but they can be excused because of the disco balls!)
- Belgium (although more bling, nice song, but not very Eurovision!)
- Germany (ok, I admit, it's grown on me, the beginning is v. Beyonce but I think it works. Good on her!)
- Lithuania (completely robbed in not making the final, sparkley shorts and all!)
Trends of the show included:
- The Colour Blue (fiddles, shoes, lights, dresses etc)
- Scarfs (see Russia!)
- Wings (see Malta and the seagul and Butterflies for Belarus)
- Fake instuments - Lithuania (forgiven, it was FABULOUS)
- The Hair - Serbia (Forgiven, it was HILARIOUS)
- Adam and Eve, apples etc - Poland (Unforgivable - yes, far to complicated for 3 mins and didn't work at all!)
- Duelling Pianos - Armena (ok.)
- Seagulls - Malta (Hmmmm, lovely dancing but really, it didn't fit in and was strange!!)
Things I am over generally:
- Back up singers being, boring and sort of tacked on as an addition. Use the space!
- Power Ballads - I WANT TO DANCE! It is Eurovision, after all.
I think that is all. I am sharing the moment with you in presenting Lithuania - Eastern European Funk by InCulto