Closure.

Closure is such a peculiar term and has decidedly shady connotations with victims etc in the criminal justice system but sometimes these words are just appropriate. Totally appropriate. A while back I submitted a novel extract into a competition. Initially worn out and desperate to escape after submitting it, I stopped writing it and since then have not continued. The wait to hear the response - any response - was interminable and typical of the publishing industry. Now that finally I have a letter thanking me for my time and effort and go away and play now, I feel like I can write again. That it exists no longer in the hands of other people, but back in mine means that I can continue, I can edit it, change it it and I can write.

Unfortunately I am also finishing of a full length play before the end of May!

Comments

  1. I completely identify with this feeling, Tils!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Miss! Miss! Pick me, over here! Please! Miss?